- Email Address
- [email protected]
- Research Areas
- Research Keywords
- Research Description
The Alderman lab studies the effects of environmental stressors on neural, endocrine, and cardiac systems. From brains to biomarkers, our goal is to understand the mechanisms and consequences of stress on animal physiology.
- Research Summary
Current projects include:
- Mechanistic and functional connections between stress and adult neurogenesis in fish
- Effects of aquatic pollutants on fish physiology, morphology, and performance
- Neuroanatomy and regenerative capacity of the hagfish brain
- Quantitative proteomics as a tool for biomarker discovery and novel insights into animal physiology
- Techniques Used
Quantitative PCR, digital PCR, Western blotting, iTRAQ proteomics, microinjection, in situ hybridization, immunohistochemistry, histology, microscopy.
- Locations of international collaborators
University of North Texas, University of Michigan, University of Missouri, (USA); University of Adelaide (Australia).